If you’re looking to add charm, beauty, and light to any space, consider a candle lantern. With so many designs and choices – from classic to rustic to exotic – these old-timey fixtures have been updated for modern needs, so you’re bound to find the perfect one for your unique style.
10. Gifts and Decor
Gifts and Decor has intricate and elegant metal cutouts on the top and sides. It brings to mind the candlelit ballrooms of the Victorian era, perfect for classic decorating arrangements. This white lantern can easily be painted a different color to match any scheme.
- has distressed detailing
- fits in compact spaces
- some reported scratches upon arrival
9. Smart Living
- thorough and secure packaging
- lighting is not overly bright
- takes two aa batteries
8. Melrose Mission Style
Melrose Mission Style comes in a pack of three and has a classic, wintry look. Their neutral shade gives them versatility; they’ll fit in well with any number of design schemes. They’re recommended for indoor use or for outdoor use under a covered area.
- includes extra panes of glass
- variety of sizes
- some assembly required
7. Steeple Candle Lantern
The Steeple Candle Lantern has a unique, rounded appearance that fits in well with primitive or country decor. At 21 inches tall, this one is sure to be noticed and makes a fantastic conversation piece. It looks heavy, but it’s surprisingly lightweight and portable.
- quality craftsmanship
- gets hot quickly
- does not come with candle
6. Verdugo Gift Co.
The Verdugo Gift Co. is made of wood, glass, and iron and has a bronzed, antique look that’s rustic and sophisticated. Put a flameless candle or a string of lights inside this stately holder to use it as a nightlight. It also looks great on a fireplace mantle.
- excellent mini terrarium
- easily open door with front latch
- not for outdoor use
5. Vivid Volts
- takes 3 aaa batteries
- made with durable plastic
- finish may chip off
4. UCO Candlelier Deluxe
- included candles burn for 9 hours
- can warm a tent
- good illumination for power outages
3. H Potter Pantheon
- incredibly durable
- great look for zen gardens
- matches mission style decor
2. Kate Aspen
- removable lid for easy lighting
- comes with small candles
- glass is removable as well
1. Vela Lantern’s
- light casts beautiful patterns
- holds up to a 3-inch candle
- smooth base won’t damage tabletops