Purchasing an entire cabinet or armoire every time you want to put out a few items is a bit excessive. Meanwhile, your walls just sit there with their potential for storage space left untapped. That’s where floating shelves come in. They can serve as an unobtrusive and elegant way to display photos, books, curios and more.
10. Kiera Grace Picture Ledge
- sleek and sophisticated
- not wide enough for many items
- no ledges on the sides
9. Lewis Hyman InPlace
The Lewis Hyman InPlace is a generous 60 inches wide and can certainly accommodate photos and trophies from each member of the family with room to spare. Unfortunately, the instructions can be confusing and the mounting holes are awkwardly-placed.
- looks nice over a bed
- tasteful espresso finish
- cannot support much weight
8. Shelving Solution Intersecting Squares
- fit inside each other for storage
- come with 2 chic led candles
- finishing can chip off
7. Lifetime Brands Melannco
The Lifetime Brands Melannco comes as a set of three classic black, or espresso square shelves that wonderfully frame items you’d like to stand out, but also serve as simple storage space. Because of their unique design, you can put items inside and on top of each one.
- each shelf is a different size
- can stand on a table too
- may mark your walls slightly
6. O&K Furniture GHN-PW5
The O&K Furniture GHN-PW5 has four shelves of varying lengths so that you can use the smaller ones for things like keys and spare change and the longer ones for decorative items. With a look that’s both formal and casual, these are ideal for an office or home.
- available in six colors
- raised edges so things wont slip off
- installation can be difficult
5. Fasthomegoods Concealed
The Fasthomegoods Concealed combines style and function with a small drawer for you to keep a few small items at eye level. Nobody will guess anything is inside of this shelf, making it a wonderful way to hide a few valuables, too.
- very easy to install
- drawer slides open smoothly
- feels sturdy and well-built
4. Halter U Shaped
The Halter U Shaped make the perfect cheery backdrop for your precious family photos and a few other keepsakes. With each shelf a little bit wider than the last, this set creates visual intrigue and acts as part of the decor as well as a utility item.
- all hanging hardware is included
- side supports to lean books against
- deep enough for larger items
3. WALI CS203
The WALI CS203 can help you organize your entertainment system and add a little class to your Nintendo and that stack of old Mario Brothers games, because, let’s face it, your spouse wants you to hide those away in a drawer. This is a nice compromise.
- helpful cable organization system
- shelves are height-adjustable
- slim and unobtrusive design
2. Ewei’s HomeWares WHC1004CD-DC
Those who need an affordable, but elegant, way to display their photos will like the walnut finish on the Ewei’s HomeWares WHC1004CD-DC. Their modern, yet understated, look make them the perfect shelves to complement bold artwork or edgier pieces.
- protective laminate on the wood
- includes a mounting template
- can support heavy items
1. Dakoda Love Luxe True
If you spend your weekends perusing antique stores looking for all things rustic-chic then you’ll fall in love with the perfectly uneven and exposed wood of the Dakoda Love Luxe True. Their rugged look makes them ideal for potted plants.
- handcrafted for uniqueness
- made in the usa
- manufactured from durable pine