In addition to being excellent educational, logistical or marketing tools, wall maps can look beautiful as decorative pieces in a home or workspace — some of these options are legitimate works of art. They can be set up in a classroom to help youngsters with geography or put up in a den to assist with putting together a bucket list of all the exotic places you intend to visit.
10. Kappa Superior
If all you need is an easy-to-read map of the United States with clear state lines and that shows major cities, you should be satisfied with the Kappa Superior. It’s basic, affordable and will help kids get a jump-start on geography class.
- displays different time zones
- includes national monuments
- not a high level of detail
9. National Geographic Executive
A classic world map with artistic shading and clearly defined physical features, the National Geographic Executive will add style to an old-school office or living room. International boundaries are easy to discern, and it even squeezes in some ocean floor details.
- illustrates population density
- high-quality value option
- need to get close to see details
8. Wall Pops USA
Children enjoy interacting with the Wall Pops USA, which makes it an engaging option for the classroom. Kids can learn about the layout of the world by writing on it, moving the decals around to different positions, and associating fun images with each state.
- includes a dry erase marker
- sticks easily to most walls
- wears out after extended use
7. SwiftMaps Premier Set
Why limit yourself to a United States or a world map when the SwiftMaps Premier Set provides both? Each one is 24 by 36 inches in size and printed on heavy-duty paper, and you have the ability to choose whether yours is laminated, folded or rolled.
- handy dry-erase surface
- eye-catching 3d topographic shading
- laminate may peel off eventually
6. Great Art Retro
A quality vintage appearance makes the Great Art Retro a suitable decoration for a formal parlor or an interesting prop for a historic play or film. Because it’s so large, it comes in eight separate pieces, which can be a bit of a hassle.
- capital cities marked with a star
- can cover an entire wall
- difficult to view in dim lighting
5. Decowall Kids
Turn your wall into a full-sized map with the Decowall Kids, which can instantly brighten any space. It comes as a bunch of separate decals that can be peeled and adhered to any smooth surface, giving you the freedom to arrange the world as you see fit.
- colorful addition to a nursery
- pieces removable for repositioning
- ideal for teaching geography to kids
4. Yearainn Vintage
It doesn’t provide the same level of detail as a standard wall map, but the Yearainn Vintage is an elegant, sophisticated piece of art that will look nice in a variety of settings. Choose from three distinct, retro designs to ensure it fits in with your space’s decor.
- 4 size options available
- made from waterproof canvas
- includes a 30-day refund guarantee
3. Rand McNally Signature
It’s nothing fancy, but if you seek a comprehensive map of the United States, you can’t go wrong with the Rand McNally Signature. Whether you plan to use it as wall art or an educational device, you’ll discover something new every time you examine it.
- colors are subtle but very visible
- shows elevation changes clearly
- extra-large 50- by 32-inch size
2. Maps International MegaMap
If you’re looking for a bright, vibrant option that can dominate a large wall area and command attention, the Maps International MegaMap is a solid choice. It’s one of the largest single sheet maps available and shows the entire world.
- available in a variety of finishes
- fully laminated on both sides
- country names are easy to read
1. Rand McNally M-Series
At 32 by 50 inches in size, the Rand McNally M-Series will be the centerpiece of your space. The geographical information is all up-to-date, and you can even use push pins on it if you wish to keep track of your globe-trotting escapades.
- includes stylish wooden frame
- foam backing for durability
- colors are vivid and attractive