A wine cooler is not just a sticky, sweet cocktail. If you’ve run out of room in your refrigerator for your whites, or want to to maintain your reds at what used to be room temperature before central heating and cooling, check out our selection of wine fridges. They’re like having your very own cellar, and come in sizes to meet most needs.
10. AKDY Thermoelectric
With spacious wooden shelves that hold 32 bottles, the AKDY Thermoelectric keeps your collection fresh and ready to drink in style. It offers dual cooling zones, so you can keep whites at one temperature and reds at another to suit your preferences.
- legs are adjustable for stability
- external temperature controls
- makes a constant buzzing sound
9. NewAir AW-121E
The freestanding NewAir AW-121E is compact and contemporary in design and was engineered for a straightforward, trouble-free operation. With a 12-bottle capacity, it’s a good choice for those who only need to store a case or so at a time.
- shelves are removable
- light enough for one person to move
- loud fan may run continuously
8. Magic Chef MCWC28B
The Magic Chef MCWC28B is designed for freestanding use and, thanks to its six racks plus a bottom row, holds a large number of bottles considering its affordable price. Its simple 3-button controls allow you to easily adjust its temperature.
- no vibrations to disturb sediments
- sophisticated frosted glass front
- temperature range is a bit limited
7. Allavino VSWR30-1SSRN
The Allavino VSWR30-1SSRN features removable contoured shelves designed to accommodate bottles of all shapes and sizes, so it should be equipped to store just about anything from your collection. It uses internal fans to circulate cold air, which helps conserve energy.
- gets as cold as 41 degrees f
- sturdy and smooth-gliding shelves
- must be opened to access controls
6. Westinghouse WWT060MB
The simple but elegant Westinghouse WWT060MB provides a wide temperature range, from 46 to 66 degrees, and has space for six standard bottles. Its discreet hinge and recessed handle keep its profile sleek, so it won’t look out of place in a modern kitchen.
- compact and easy to move
- good option for small kitchens
- can’t accommodate magnums
5. Kalamera KRC-46DZB
The Kalamera KRC-46DZB can be built-in to existing cabinetry or used as a free-standing fridge. It holds up to 46 bottles between its two cooling zones, and five expertly carved sliding beechwood shelves let you have easy access to any vintage you want.
- remembers settings after power loss
- good option for small restaurants
- integrated lock
4. iGloo FRW1225
The countertop iGloo FRW1225 has removable shelves for versatility. It was smartly designed with a side storage area that can accommodate up to four upright bottles so you can keep them chilled once they’re open without having to worry about leakage.
- striking curved glass door
- a relatively inexpensive option
- blue interior light
3. Wine Enthusiast 272
A simple touch-sensitive interface and dual cooling zones propel the Wine Enthusiast 272 into the high end range, but without the hefty price tag of some models with similar features. It has a sleek, freestanding design that can accommodate a good mix of your favorites.
- elegant smoked glass door
- has room for vertical storage
- holds up to 18 standard bottles
2. Kalamera KRC-30SZB
The Kalamera KRC-30SZB sports a nice modern look thanks to its stainless steel front and sleek digital control panel. It comes with elegant slide-out beechwood racks and won’t produce too much noise or vibration, keeping both your home and its contents undisturbed.
- reversible hinges for versatility
- double-paned tempered glass door
- can accommodate larger bottles
1. Danby Silhouette DWC276BLS
An efficient built-in model, the Danby Silhouette DWC276BLS holds up to 27 bottles in its all-black interior. Its single-zone can get as cold as 39 degrees Fahrenheit, and it features an integrated lock to keep out curious children and guests.
- just 12 inches wide
- ergonomic curved handle
- mesh-screened front panel